Friday, January 13, 2006

My one year anniversary


January 10 marked my one year anniversary at my current place of employment in the Windy City. Here are 10 things I am proud of accomplishing since arriving here.

10. I was able to be here a whole day before having the CD player stolen out of my car.
9. I was here two whole days before I got my first parking ticket.
8. I no longer have a car.
7. I have figured out how to use the public transit system and how not to get on the wrong color "L" train line - a trial and error lesson.
6. Sampled excellent pizza across the city...
5. And still lost weight.
4. Bought a house plant and it's still alive.
3. Took my teenage daughter shopping all day at a mall with more than 100 stores the day after Thanksgiving.
2. Took my teenage daughter and son shopping all day at a mall with more than 100 stores the day after Christmas.
1. When I did have a car, I refrained from giving the "horn response signal."
(Confession: I almost soiled my record in this city of honkers when at the last second I remembered the previous owner of my vehicle had affixed one of those Jesus fish stickers. I knew they served a purpose.)

Here's to a second year at a job I love and living in a city that has become "Sweet Home Chicago."

1 comment:

Big Ben said...

The subway can be tricky. I get a shit load of tickets the couples times I do drive. My dad's bad too!