Sunday, July 17, 2005

Democrats for Life proposal

Politicians who say they want to make abortions rare but are not ready to pass legislation that would overturn Roe vs. Wade should get behind the Democrats for Life 95-10 proposal, which aims to cut abortions by 95 percent in 10 years.

The proposals are focused on more than just getting the woman through her nine months of pregnancy, but also call for assistance after the birth of her child.

Some opponents have referred to Democrats for Life as faux Democrats, but here is part of a biography of one member of the board of directors, Carol Crossed: Carol has been a lobbyist on hunger and anti-war issues. As a Native American, Carol has been active in the Indian rights movement. Award recipient: Susan B Anthony; Peaceful Solutions in Non-violence; Women's Wall of Fame; Reconciliation Network; Gaudete Medal; World Food Day Stamp, Rochester, NY, US Postal Service; She was the subject of a story that won second place in the National Catholic Press Association, 2000.

Doesn't sound like an imitation Democrat to me.

While they may quibble with some aspects of the proposal, it should be welcomed by anyone other than those who seem to think abortion is perfectly fine. It is time for people such as those mentioned to put action to their words.

I will be writing my legislator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm not sure how else to get in touch with you, so here it goes:

My friend and I have started covenantblogs.net and I recieved your information from Brad Boydston as a potential participant. Really
what I would love to do is have permission to include your RSS feed on
the site. What we are trying to do is collate all blogs written by
people who are associated with the Evangelical Covenant Church.

If we could include your feed, let me know via email or by filling out the form on the site www.covenantblogs.net/join.html

Thanks!

Peace,
Aaron J.

Anonymous said...

I think we should all be seeking some point of agreement. Democrats for life seem to have given some point where we should be able to seek agreement. I must have everything I want is not going to get this country together or let us enjoy God's love either.

Just my opinion
Mike