Friday, July 15, 2005

Cornerstone Festival

I attended the Cornerstone Festival earlier this month and had a great time. An abundance of Christian bands (How I hate that phrase but don't know what else to use) ranging in genre from Goth to Folk.

A highlight for me was discovering several new singers and bands. One of the best times with regards to music came when Ashley Cleveland on stage for several songs, including the gospel song, "I'll Fly Away." There's something about seeing a guy with spiked hair singing along that added to the evening.

Some excellent seminars as well, including several by Brian McLaren on the Emerging conversation. Had a chance to speak with him as well as Ashley Cleveland and Jars of Clay. All of them were so down to earth.

I also got turned on to foreign and classic films during discussions at one of the seminars and showings. I've checked out several from the library that I'll be watching throughout the week.

No comments: